Monday, August 30, 2010

Joy Log 10/08/30

Talking to Joseph a few days ago, he pulled out his lighter and commented on how it never let him down, saying that one day he bought a red lighter at 7-11 and loved the way it always lit. He said he's been using the red 7-11 lighters ever since, not knowing Why it worked, but since it did, he just kept buying that particular color and that particular store. The result of our conversation was summed up with "when the magic works, don't question why, just Enjoy it and accept the gift."

Synchronicity works remarkably well for me when I need to find a new word to help me 'expand my consciousness' (I'll be explaining the importance of words at a point in the near future). A few days back I jotted the word 'illumination' in my  notebook. The next day Amanda handed me a book to read, within the first few pages the author used the word 'illumination' in a meaningful way. Then . . . and this gave me joy for several days . . . i came across a bookmark she had been using . . . it was a business card (advertising some spiritual course) with just the word 'illumination' on one side. Very fun and very cool. After that I added Illuminated Radiance of the Heart to my Wall of Words.

this from Power of Now by Echart Tolle:
"Being is the eternal, ever-present One Life Beyond. Being is Beyond and also deep within every form. It is true nature. When you are present, when your attion is fully and intensely in the Now, Being can be felt."

. . . this quote was part of my choice of 'A Joyful Being' . . . so it can be read as 'one who is joyful' and 'a state of deeply feeling joy'

from the corner of my eye, what i thought was a leaf fluttering to the ground caught my attention. when i turned my full attention towards it, it turned out to be a wren . . . that bit of 'magic', a falling leaf 'turning into' a wren . . . amused me tremendously.

No comments:

Post a Comment